OLLI Re-Opening Information
It’s exciting to think we’ll be seeing you soon! But we want to make sure you know that not all OLLI programs will be held in person in July & August.
Please reference the catalog and OLLI Weekly email for information on which classes will be on Zoom and which will be in person or hybrid. We hope that by September we no longer will require pre-registration for most of our programs.
Here are a few things you need to know:
- Pre-registration is required if you plan to be in the Moana building for a program (either for a hybrid or completely in-person class). When you pre-register, you are pre-registering for the entire month. For example, if your program has more than one session in July, you only need to pre-register one time. Links for pre-registration are in the catalog as well as the OLLI Weekly. For HYBRID programs: Zoom-only attendees do not use the pre-registration link. They log into class using the Zoom link in the OLLI Weekly.
- When you arrive at the Moana building for class, you do not need to sign in. You will be on the class roster because you will have pre-registered.
- ONLY people who do not have a computer will be able to pre-register by leaving a voicemail message at (775) 241-8474 (must include area code when calling). State your name and program for which you are pre-registering.
- Masks are optional for anyone who is already fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Currently, we are not checking for proof of vaccination. Signs will be posted in the building to make sure people are aware they must wear a mask if they are not FULLY vaccinated.
- Please DO NOT move any chairs. We have spaced out the seating to help people feel comfortable with our transition back to in-person programs. More information will come over the next couple of months regarding our seating arrangements and capacities.
- Hand sanitizer and table disinfectant are available. We are asking members to help disinfect tables and chairs when they arrive to class.
- Rooms are outfitted with air purifiers to meet ASHRAE standards for classroom environments.
- Please remember that things can change and adjustments may need to be made. There will be kinks to work out as we navigate new systems. We appreciate your patience and value your feedback. You can always contact OLLI staff at email@example.com.
- The OLLI office will be open to the public with normal business hours (M-F, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.) starting July 12.