Crafters Needed for Fall Craft Fair
Friday, Nov. 8
10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Moana
Calling all crafters! We know there are many talented people among our OLLI members. They range from extraordinary authors to talented needle workers and everything in between.
It’s time for our crafters to shine at the Fall Craft Fair where they will be able to display and sell their works just in time for the holidays. Crafters, please contact LaMerne at (775) 358-1746 to reserve a table.
OLLI at UNR in Elko
Now offering four FREE introductory classes in Elko!
- Georgia O’Keeffe’s Sky; Thursday, Sept. 26 at 10 a.m.
- Basques in Nevada: A Gentle Introduction; Thursday, Oct. 31 at 10 a.m.
- Jack the Ripper—An Enduring Mystery; Friday, Nov. 15 at noon
- History of the White Pine Mining District; Tuesday, Dec. 10 at 10 a.m.
Location: Great Basin College Community Outreach Center, 1025 Chilton Circle, Elko. Classes are streamed live from OLLI at the University of Nevada, Reno and are free to Great Basin College Community members for these introductory sessions.
For more information:
OLLI at the University of Nevada, Reno
Call (775) 784-8053 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Basin College Continuing Education
Call (775) 753-2231 or email email@example.com
ADDED: Tesla Gigafactory Tour
Learn about Tesla’s innovative methods for manufacturing, the company’s radically different collaborative culture, and Tesla’s expansion plans at its current site, which include a net-zero energy impact on its 3,000-plus acre campus.
This free 75-minute walking and riding tour can accommodate 11 people. There will be a total of four tours offered on the following dates.
- Tuesday, October 22 — 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 22 — 3 p.m.
- Thursday, October 24 — 11 a.m.
- Thursday, October 24 — 1 p.m.
Pre-registration will be held September 26 - 27 ONLY. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- See page 70 in the Fall 2019 catalog for general pre-registration info. You must be a current OLLI member to register for tours; you may list two members, including yourself, in your email.
- You will be included in the drawing for all four tours unless you indicate a preferred date and/or time.
- You will be notified by October 4th if your name has been drawn for a tour.
Transportation to the Tesla Gigafactory is NOT included. Carpooling is strongly encouraged as parking is limited. Directions will be provided.
ADDED: Discover Science Lecture Series
Streamed live from the University of Nevada, Reno College of Science to the OLLI Moana Building
- October 17 at 7 p.m. — Gabriela Gonzalez: Laser interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO) team physicist
- February 6 at 7 p.m.—William Tate: Edward Mallinckrodt Distinguished University Professor in Arts & Sciences at Washington University, St Louis on the relationship between place and STEM attainment
- March 12 at 7 p.m.—Harry Jol: Geoarchaeologist using ground penetrating radar in Holocaust studies at suspected locations of mass graves, destroyed synagogues, ritual bathhouses and other structures in Lithuania that have been lost in time
- April 9 at 7 p.m.—Harrison Schmitt: Retire NASA astronaut, geologist and the last man on the moon